Followers

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Announcement and Enlightenment

 Recently we have had a visitor (the boy our oldest is courting) come stay with us as well as began the school year and spent much time on the phone with doctors and such discussing my father's current health status (which isn't too good)  We have been so busy there hasn't been a lot of extra time for blogging. 

I guess it is time to announce that our family will be moving back to America within the next few weeks.  (for those of you who don't know) My father is very ill and my husband's work assignment is being passed on to the next person for training.  We only committed to one year and we are now passed that time so it's time to go home.  I plan to continue blogging.  I still have not posted all that we have seen and done in Ireland.  In addition, we will be moving back to our home state of New Mexico and there will be plenty to blog about.  This blog is titled Family Journeys and our journeys will continue whether in Europe or not.  I hope that my followers will continue to look for our family posts as we go about our lives in homeschooling, traveling, gardening and regular everyday events. 

I never thought I would actually live in Europe one day.  Our oldest has said for the last several years that she would like to go somewhere in Europe before she graduates high school.  Consistently I would tell her to pray about it.  God knows how to get her there if she is to go.  I have to admit I was a bit nervous telling her that.  I knew God would take care of her but I didn't like the idea of her alone in Europe.  There were many times after telling her to pray that I would share my concerns with God.  So God answered us with a "Yes", and sent not only our daughter but the whole family, as well.  Life in Ireland has been more than an adventure.  It has taught us to fully wholeheartedly trust in the Lord in all circumstances.  It has taught us to appreciate our family and friends as well as the little stuff like our home, cars, Wal-mart (yes I said "Wal-mart").  Before coming here I would, quite often, complain about Wal-mart; about it's long lines, grumpy cashiers or lack of, and busyness. After living here I have a new appreciation for stores like Wal-mart.  It has reminded myself and my husband as well has taught our children to appreciate being home for the holidays.  But, more importantly I have learned to appreciate the other side of the world and it's people.  Being here has given our whole family a sense of just how small the world really is.  It has opened our eyes to see the beauty of God's creation including the diversity of all the people he has made.  It has put a new compassion in our hearts for human life.

Here is a song that I have sang along with in my car and in my home hoping that God would open my eyes up.  I can truly say He has definitely opened our eyes up.  Now the question is, what will He do with this new enlightenment in our lives?



No comments:

Post a Comment