Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Breakfast in Ireland

When looking for bacon this is what I found.  At first I thought they didn't have bacon then I realized they do, it's just different.  These are called Rashers.  They are "Bacon" Rashers.  I have eaten only the smoked Rashers.  These in particular made me think of bacon and ham mixed in one.  They do not crisp very well and therefore taste more like ham.  They were also very salty.  But since we don't have American bacon, these will do for now. 

One of my favorite things about Ireland is that they sale their eggs in green cartons.  It made it seem so much more Irish to be green.  They did have some cartons with other colors but I just had to get the green ones, of course.  These eggs taste much more fresh then the ones at home.  The yokes are stronger in flavor and are much bigger.  The container says large but they are more like our extra-large.  I think I am going to get spoiled with these.  Something else different about these eggs is that all of Ireland's eggs are sold on the shelf without refrigeration. 




The last thing about breakfast time here in Ireland is my discovery of half and half.  They don't have any.  I searched and searched for it to no avail.  I later asked the courtesy clerk and she looked at me with a blank stare.  I explained that it was similar to cream.  Her eyes lit up and she said, "I don't know what half and half is but we do have cream."  But, she said it in an Irish accent which made it sound so much better than what you are reading here.  I have grown to absolutely love cream in my coffee but I think I'm going to get fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment