Followers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Some New Things Here in Ireland

Getting used to the newness of everything isn't always easy but is is possible.  When I think about it, dealing with the new is what I was so nervous about.  We all want a little newness when traveling, if not, we wouldn't go anywhere.  We choose to go on vacations not just for the relaxation but instead to get away from the "same-ole-same" way of life.  But, to have so much of a change for such a long time, seemed a little frightening.  I'm learning it isn't so bad just different.

Some changes for us have been learning to cook in Celsius.  If you google Celsius to Fahrenheit conversions, you will discover just how easy it is to find out.  I am getting good at remembering, in case my computer isn't working.
I no longer can use my old way of doing things.  For instance, ounces, cups and pounds are no longer in the vocabulary.  It is now grams and milliliters. 
I'll be posting more about the differences between America and Ireland.  There is PLENTY to post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment