Followers

Friday, July 13, 2012

A Walk in the Local Village

The kids and and I ventured out for a walk in our local village.  It is with-in minutes of our home.  Being in the village is both peaceful and busy.  There is quite a bit of people that visit it but since it's an Irish village it has a peacefulness about it even among the bussel.  I have been bringing my small camera along since I didn't know what to expect.  The larger one is a bit more heavy and cumbersome.  I will soon be bringing it with us and then I can get some good shots.  (I'm hoping) For now I will have to post what I have. 

I didn't get pictures of everything in the village.  Some discoveries I made were a post-office, convenience stores, Hallmark, several more gift shops, sandwich shop with coffee and tea, Catholic church and school, playground, flower shop, Fuji Film store, a few clothing stores (of which we can't afford), a couple of pubs, pharmacies, a few different restaurants, and a video rental store.  I didn't list them all, only what I could remember.  I am learning that the Irish are experts at fitting a lot into a small space. 

Our local gas station
 I just love the flowers outside the windows.  This is on the top floor.
 Black Pudding is sold in the local gas station. (In case you want to get some blood pudding on your way home.)
  Looking into town

 A couple of bridges near the playground.
 Moss grows everywhere here even on our homes.
My new found love, O'Brien's.








No comments:

Post a Comment