Followers

Monday, March 4, 2013

Pickle Relish or Tomato Relish?

I remember last year when we first came to Ireland and I went grocery shopping.  I was so excited to see what we would find.  I knew that it would most-likely be quite different than America.  What I didn't thinking about was all the things I wouldn't find like pickle relish.  I know on the blog I have posted some things on this topic but realized I may not have mentioned, there is no "American pickle relish".  This poses a problem for our family since we put pickle relish in Tuna (for sandwiches), potatoe salad, macaroni salad, egg salad (for sandwiches) and so forth.  At first I thought this is no big deal.  I can just cut up some sweet pickles until I discovered that their sweet pickles are NO WHERE near as sweet as ours.  hmmmmm


Here is what Irish relish looks like.  The indredients are Tomato (41%),Vinegar ,Sugar ,Onions ,Sultanas ,Tomato Puree (5%) ,Sea Salt ,Mustard Seed ,Spices

                                               
As you can see, there are no pickles even in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment