Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Where do we get groceries?

 
For my American friends, Tesco is the closest thing we have to a Wal-mart.  It still doesn't have the variety that Wal-mart has but is good enough.  The one below is a Tesco Extra, we also have smaller Tesco's through out Ireland.  The small ones are a very small grocery store.  Kind of what you might expect in a small town in the U.S.
Since we only have one car, I order groceries every two weeks over the Internet.  It is quite simple and includes a small fee.  They are usually able to get me the groceries the day after I order.  I am going to miss that service when I go back to America.
 
 
Below is a photo of the grocery cart that you would use while shopping.
  In order to use one you have to put in a Euro coin. You can see our coin poking out a little.  If you want your coin back you have to return the cart.  There is a chain hanging down with a type of key that you put into another cart.  Once you do that your coin pops out.  It keeps the carts from being left to roam in the parking lot.  We are getting better at remembering to keep a coin always with us.  A euro can come in the form of 1 or 2 so you need both to always be prepared.
 

I didn't mean to make the photo blurry. Sorry about that.

 
Here is a picture of the delivery truck and driver.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment