Followers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Day on the Ring of Kerry

While at the Muckross Stables we drove around the Ring of Kerry.  We heard conflicting reasoning on which direction to go.  We read that it was wise to go counter-clockwise.  It even said to do so on our map.  But, after speaking to three different locals we decided to go the other way.  We were told it was much more beautiful to go clock-wise.  It was quite the drive.  Because of all of the stopping and going it took us all day.  It was a beautiful drive and I am glad we added it to our list of
 "Places to see".



This is the second place we stopped by on our trip.  It was quite majestic.

This man came up to us asking if we wanted a ride in his boat.  His Irish accent was so strong I barely understood him and we've been living among the Irish for a year now.  If we would have had more time we definitely would have hired him.

I could have stayed here all day.  The serenity of it all was amazing.





                                        
                                          Beautiful Church on the view.


We stopped here and ate our packed lunch.  It was a gorgeous view as you can see.  We didn't see any leprechauns but I'm sure they were hiding somewhere.
                                                                                                        
             On the drive we found this cute little shop across from the amazing view.  After eating our lunch we enjoyed some ice cream and the trying on of some hats.  I just had to bye the sheep hat.  It was just too adorable not to.




The fog kept getting thicker and thicker, which at one point, made it impossible for pictures.  That is one of the beauties of Ireland.  You never know what your photographs will look like.  It makes it worth coming back.

Here are some photos I took while driving.  They might make you a bit dizzy but I wanted to show the greenery that we were seeing.


 Because of the fog, I was able to get very little photos of the ocean.  Here are just a few.





The water truly is that blue-green color.  Absolutely gorgeous!

We happened upon this lake somewhere along the Ring.
 

 I had to get a photo of this sweet little horse.  I had that puppy in the pet store window moment.  As soon as I saw him I wanted to take him home.
I'm pretty sure that miniature horses are for either Hobbits or Leprechauns.

Goodbye little fellow...  We'll always remember you!
Some structures we saw while driving.





No comments:

Post a Comment