Followers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Is Summer Coming to an End?

I remember when we first moved here, I was a bit confused as to why they had clothes lines.  I couldn't imagine in a place so damp that you would ever be able to dry clothes outside.  But later on, I discovered that last year was one of Ireland's wettest summers in many years (which just happened to be our first experience of this beautiful country).  This summer just happened to be one of their driest summers in about 10 years.  We have had a couple of months of sunshine and very little rain. The end of last week was finally a moment of rain for most of Ireland.  I have been amazed at how yellowish and dry some parts of the grass have been.  I didn't realize how quickly lack of water would affect this place.
I think the end of summer is in sight.  As I sit typing this it is cloudy, gloomy and raining off and on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment